May 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
POSTPONED: TENTATIVE DATE OF WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 1 TO 2 P.M.
Age My Way Webinar
Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
1 Social Work CEU available ($15 fee for NASW members; $25 fee for non-NASW members)
Those interested in obtaining social work CEUs will be billed directly by NASW
This program is in partnership with the Pennsylvania Association of Senior Centers/White Rose Senior Center.
Description: This training will focus on 4 key areas of health in aging: physical wellness, social wellness, cognitive wellness and emotional wellness. We will look at changes that come with older adulthood and ways to maintain health in these areas, or start and develop new lifestyle habits to support them. We will discuss the impact of ageism in our culture and dispel some myths of aging that it brings, opening the door for confidence to Age My Way!
- Identify 4 key areas of health in aging and ways to start or maintain health habits.
- Discuss social barriers to engaging health as we age, and ways to reduce their impacts
Facilitator: Erin Edwards
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.