July 10 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Resiliency in Substance Abuse
Tuesday May 2nd, 2023
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
**2.0 Hours of Social Work Continuing Education Credits Available
“This program is funded from the Perry County Community Foundation, a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.”
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN
48 HOURS, & TWO DAYS BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS REMINDERS
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
Burnout is a real thing, and when it pertains to mental and emotional burnout, we call this compassion fatigue. This training will help caregivers and professionals learn how to cope and destress when experiencing this. Participants will learn stress-relieving practices they can implement to help build their resiliency.
- Gain knowledge of addiction
- Understand compassion fatigue, coping skills, and stress-relieving practices
“NASW-PA Chapter will be a co-sponsor of this workshop. 1.5 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”\
Lauren M. Krebs has been working in the field of drug and alcohol prevention for the past six years throughout various areas of Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia, Lancaster, and Harrisburg. She currently serves as the Prevention Program Supervisor for the Dauphin County Department of Drug & Alcohol Prevention and a Trainer for Penncares Support Services. Lauren attended Bloomsburg University for her undergraduate degree and Capella University for her Master’s in Public Health degree. She is also a Certified Prevention Specialist. Lauren has found a great passion for prevention work, believing that education and empowerment are essential to building a stronger tomorrow and helping individuals live happy, healthy lives free of drugs and alcohol.
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.