March 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Gaining an Awareness of the Culture & Sexuality in Working with Individuals with Dementia
Tuesday, October 11, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
2.0 social work CEUs available
“NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. 2 CEUs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as an approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
This program is made possible through a grant from the Mechanicsburg Area Community Foundation, a regional Foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities.
Description: Awareness is always the key to success. When we know better, we do better. Understanding sexuality with individuals with dementia will equip us to make better decisions regarding their care and implement measures that promote the safety of them and others.
- To explore the connection between sexuality and dementia.
- To define key terms: dementia, culture, sexuality, intimacy, & engagement.
- To explore important considerations: physical needs, personal ethics and cultures, institutional ethics and cultures, and informed consent.
- To explore important considerations for engaging the family of individuals with dementia
Facilitator: Alexia Doumbouya
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.