February 8, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
STRATEGIES FOR UNDERSTANDING BEHAVIOR & APPLYING RESPONSIVE TECHNIQUES
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2.0 Social Work CEUS Available
This program is made possible by a generous grant from the
Robert C. Hoffman Foundation Charitable Endowment Trust
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS, ONE WEEK PRIOR, AND ONE DAY BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS REMINDERS
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
When working with individuals who are exhibiting challenging behaviors, we must define, focus on, and reinforce the alternative or appropriate behaviors. This training will define behavior and how behaviors are learned and maintained. We will identify common behaviors among vulnerable populations with whom coping becomes challenging. Finally, a discussion on
intervention strategies and other techniques designed to help in de-escalating and managing behaviors.
• Define behavior and how behaviors are learned and maintained.
• Identify common behaviors among vulnerable populations that become challenging to cope with.
• Discuss intervention strategies and other techniques designed to help in
de-escalating and managing behaviors.
This training is for all who work with individuals with mental illness and difficult behaviors, such as mental health providers, care managers, case managers, nurses, social workers, counselors, acute care and long-term care staff, and substance abuse.
“NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. 2.0 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
Lauren Krebs is a native to the Harrisburg area with a passion for public speaking with experience in the field of prevention. Most recently, Lauren worked as a Prevention Specialist at a non-profit in Philadelphia to educate communities, students and professionals about various topics related to bullying, drugs, alcohol, and violence. In that role, Lauren developed her own social-emotional learning curriculum for both students and adults that is now being taught at several facilities in Philadelphia.
Lauren has a B.A. in Theatre Arts and Psychology from Bloomsburg University. Lauren founded and continues to manage Elephant Room Productions, a non-profit theatre company that raises awareness on societal issues through the arts in New York and Philadelphia. Lauren worked with Compass Mark in Lancaster, PA as their Youth Leadership Advocate bringing prevention curriculum to local schools in the area. She is currently employed by the Dauphin County Drugs & Alcohol Department as a Prevention Specialist. In addition, as a trainer for PennCares, Lauren presents on various prevention topics across the Commonwealth.
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at email@example.com to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.