March 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
November 9, 2022
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2.0 social work CEUs available*
This webinar is made possible through a generous Quality of Life Grant from the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
THE LINK TO THE WEBINAR WILL BE SENT TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS, ONE WEEK PRIOR, AND ONE DAY BEFORE THE WEBINAR AS REMINDERS
(Always check your Spam folder as well for the email to the webinar link)
If you are struggling with chronic fatigue and unsure of why, please join us for this training. You will learn how to balance your own personal stress along with the stress of others. Join this informative session where we will define the different types of stress and discuss the impact of stress on your life. We will discuss and learn how to identify positive stress from negative stress. Participants will learn various techniques to better engage others under pressure while supporting loved ones who may be living with a form of paralysis. There will be tools participants can use which can be easily implemented immediately to begin to release high levels of stress.
- Define the various types of stress
- Provide an understanding of the strategies for coping with family stress
- Determine the key tips to support others dealing with stress
- Provide a basic concept of learning the impact of stress on the family
This training is for older adults, and those living with paralysis, as well as those who provide care to individuals living with paralysis. In addition, this training is also for those who work in community settings such as aging care managers, housing staff, nurses, social workers, counselors, acute care and long-term care staff, substance abuse and mental health providers, as well as family members.
**Special Discount Code**
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is committed to providing opportunities to individuals with paralysis. In keeping with their mission, webinar scholarships are available for those living with paralysis, their family members and caregivers. If you or a family member is living with paralysis, please enter the following code at check-out to receive a scholarship.
*”NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. 2 CEUs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.