March 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The Chronicles of COVID-Assisting our Children Throughout the Ages Cope with Anxiety/Depression and Social Isolation
Friday, September 30, 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Live Zoom Webinar
1.5 Social Work CEUs available for additional fee ($15 for NASW members; $25 for non-NASW members)
Description: Coping with change and loss is difficult for adults, let alone our children. This training will discuss the challenges of assisting our school age children (through elementary, middle and high school) cope with anxiety, depression and social isolation related to COVID-19. When you consider the impacts of COVID-19 on our youth there is a need for us to be intentional about addressing their fears and also provide focused and intentionally brave spaces for them to process and communicate their losses and gains. Along with sharing solutions on how we can address social isolation, mental health and resources, this training will also provide statistics, symptoms, behaviors and ways to assist counselors, parents and educators return to normal and help students cope. Providing them tools to navigate our current circumstances will help as they transition to this new normal.
· Review the challenges of assisting our school age children (through elementary, middle and high school) cope with anxiety, depression, and social isolation related to COVID-19.
· Address the fears our youth face since the start and ongoing impact of this pandemic
· Discuss how to provide focused and intentionally brave spaces for them to process and communicate their losses and gains.
· Share solutions on how we can address social isolation, mental health, and resources
· Establish ways to assist counselors and educators with getting back to the new normal as they assist students with developing health coping strategies. We want to give them tools to navigate our current circumstances that will help as they transition to this new normal.
Instructor: Alexia Doumbouya
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at email@example.com to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.