March 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The New Age of Anxiety and Depression: Navigating Consumers Through Stress During Chaotic Times
Wednesday, April 27, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
2.0 Social Work CEUs available
This webinar is made possible through a generous grant from the Memorial Health Fund.
Description: Baseline stress levels for many people have increased in recent years. In addition to personal and local stressors, we have all felt the effect of global stressors as well. This training will look at the cumulative effects of stress on mental and physical health. In an effort to mediate the effects of stress, the concept of resilience will be discussed as well as other models of intentionally reducing stress levels.
- Define “stress” and different types of stress that impact us and can make us more susceptible to anxiety and depression symptoms
- Identify populations that have shown increased vulnerability during global related stress.
- Define “resiliency” and factors and behaviors that promote resiliency
- Discuss models of stress management and application to self and others that you support
This training is for professionals who provide care to anyone, such as nurses, social workers, case managers, housing service coordinators, nursing home administrators, personal care home administrators, aging and mental health workers.
PennCares Cancellation Policy
- PennCares Support Services reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- PennCares reserves the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
- If PennCares cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
Postponement: Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
Substitutions and Transfers: We understand that circumstances may occur to prevent you from attending a training. If you find that you are unable to attend one of PennCares’ trainings, you have several options:
- Send a substitute: Substitutions are accepted as long as a written request is received. Substitutions may be made without penalty provided the original registrant contacts PennCares at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this change.
- Transfer to another course: Transfers are accepted up to the day of the event as long as a written request is received. In the event the registrant cannot attend a scheduled course for which he or she is enrolled, registration can be transferred to another course.
- Refund of monies: Requests for refunds must be made in writing and received by the training refund deadline stated on the training registration form. (See below for cancellation policy).
Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to request a refund for your registration is 5 business days before the event.
- Registration cancellations requested prior to the deadline will be eligible to receive a refund less a 5% administration fee. *
- Cancellations received less than 5 business days before the event will not be eligible for a refund and will be billed for the total cost.
- Registered no-shows are not eligible for a refund and will be billed the total cost.
- Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the attendee/payee.
- Refund requests must include the name of the attendee, the training date, and payment method.
These above policies apply to all PennCares trainings unless otherwise noted in the corresponding event materials. Please read all individual event information thoroughly.